Saturday, February 25, 2017

Review: Spectra by Ebony Olson

Title: Spectra
Author: Ebony Olson
Blurb:One touch of Spectra’s fingers leaves the predator Bay craving more.
Spectra is a Balance; a decedent of angels whose soul has been intertwined with that of sorcerer Alexander, although her heart belongs to Mercury, the son of an archangel.
Bay is a predator de Sang and sorcerer, who runs his own private security company, fighting the purist organization Essence. Seeking out Spectra for her special abilities the last thing he expected to find was a Balance strong enough to withstand his potent energy. With her heart and soul already claimed, could there be room for another in her life?

When Bay’s infatuations bring Spectra to the attention of Essence and put her life at risk, he must learn that sometimes sacrificing the ones you love is the only way to save them.




Disclaimer: Thank you to Inkitt for providing me with a digital ARC in exchange of an honest review 






First thing first,

I do not know how I feel about this book. Yeah, you read it right. I just do not know...
Still, I read it in no time. The writing was easy to follow and easy to read, the pace was good with an healthy dose of suspense. Sadly, the world-building was definitely lacking and felt very blurry and hazy. Words like "predator", "angelis" and so on were thrown around but  never fully explained. I still don't have a clear idea of what exactly they are---On this regard the book was very "meh".

Another thing I can't say I appreciated was the excessive focus on the erotic scenes instead of the plot. The sex scenes were well written but still...

I liked Spectra quite all right but Bay left me cold. Overall the characters didn't tell me much, they were okay but nothing more.

As I said, I still don't know how to feel about Spectra (the book, not the character). Overall, an okayish read I guess....
Rating:
 2,5 blossoms

No comments:

Post a Comment