Monday, November 14, 2016

Spotlight On: Dream Waters by Erin A. Jensen + Interview

 Spotlight on...


Dream Waters


All his life, Charlie Oliver has watched the people around him morph into creatures that no one else sees. Unlike the rest of the world, Charlie remembers the Waters that transport him to the Dream World each night. And he sees glimpses of people’s Dream forms in the waking world. Condemned to spend his waking hours in a psychiatric facility because of his Dream Sight, Charlie doesn’t expect anything to change. But everything starts changing the day Emma Talbot walks through the door in the middle of a group therapy session.



Haunted by memories of the events that led to her admission, Emma plans to end her life the first chance she gets. But something about Charlie stops her. From the moment they shake hands, his friendship feels safe and familiar. As Emma begins to let down her guard, Charlie catches a glimpse of the fiery-eyed dragon that lurks behind her Dream form. Each night, as Emma dreams of the man who’s been banned from visiting, Charlie searches the Dream World for the monster that shadows her. But when Emma’s suppressed memories begin to surface, Charlie finds more monsters than he bargained for.

                          

Author's Bio:
Erin Jensen is a part time pharmacist and a full time creator of imaginary worlds.  She lives in upstate New York with her ridiculously supportive husband, two wonderful sons that she couldn't be prouder of and a Yorkshire terrier who thinks he's the family bodyguard.  She's an unapologetic coffee addict, and her happy place is anywhere she can squish her toes in the sand while listening to waves crash onto shore with a good book in hand.





Author's Interview 
  

1. Have you always wanted to be a writer?

I can't say that I always consciously planned to be a writer.  I've always loved to read, and I've always been a bit of a daydreamer.  Several years ago, I'd just finished a series and I was looking for a new series with a new cast of characters to fall in love with.  I casually mentioned to my husband that I was toying with the idea of writing one and immediately followed the statement with "but who does that?"  Thankfully I have a tremendously supportive husband and his answer was "you do."  His encouragement convinced me to start writing and as it turns out, I absolutely LOVE it.

2. Where is your favorite place to write?

My ideal spot would be on a tropical beach, but for now I write at a desk in my bedroom or our kitchen table when no one else is home and the house is quiet.

3. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

I haven't had any trouble with writer's block.  Each character's backstory is in my head just waiting for its turn to be written.  As a part time pharmacist and a full time mother, my biggest challenge has been squeezing in the time to write.

4. Who are your favorite authors?

Karen Marie Moning, J.K. Rowling, Emily Bronte, J.R. Ward, Stephen King, Neil Gaiman to name a handful.

5. Name a favorite book of yours.
Do I have to pick just one?  The Fever series by Karen Marie Moning is my favorite series of books. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte is another favorite.  I first read it for a class in college and I actually skipped class once when we were reading it because I had a biology test and hadn't had time to read the chapter we'd be discussing.  I loved the story so much I didn't want them to spoil anything for me.
6. Which one of the characters of your favorite books would you like to date then? 
Jericho Barrons from Karen Marie Moning's Fever series.  What can I say?  I'm a sucker for a wealthy dark brooding alpha male with impeccable taste and a foreign accent.

7. Describe your book in 3 words.

Fantasy meets reality 







No comments:

Post a Comment