Saturday, June 17, 2017

Excerpt: The Alpha Daughter by Tiffany Shand








Blurb for Alpha’s Daughter
After being kidnapped as a child, Christy Daine was sent away from her shifter clan to live among humans. For over a decade she has lived in fear of the people who tried to kill her. Living with her bodyguard, Ronan, the two embark on a secret relationship that could get them both killed.
When her father, the alpha of all the clans demands she return home to marry a man he’s chosen for her, Christy will finally have to face her past and her true nature. Danger lurks around every corner and even Ronan might not be the man she thought he was.
As the alpha’s daughter, can she really choose between the man she loves and the man she is supposed to be with? And who can she really trust?

Blurb for Alpha Ascending
After watching her family be slaughtered by the man chosen to be the next alpha, Christy has to turn to the only people left on the island for help. The outsiders are considered outcasts by the shifter clans and were blamed for her mother’s death years earlier.
With Ronan imprisoned, no allies and nowhere else to turn, Christy must learn to trust the people she once viewed as enemies and discover who is really friend or foe. To do that Christy must learn to accept who and what she and discover secrets long buried among the clans if she’s to save Ronan and their future.
Only she can become the true alpha and bring the clans together before it’s too late.

Blurb for The Alpha’s Curse
Christy should be happy now she’s finally with the man she loves, but enemies still cover the island sanctuary that the shifter clans call home. After discovering her brother may still be alive, Christy must go back to the man responsible for killing her family and into the heart of danger.
Now the alpha, she must find a way to stop the people who seeks to destroy all shifters, bring together the clans and the outsiders and stop the centuries old Alpha’s Curse before it can destroy every shifter in existence.




Tiffany Shand  Bio
Tiffany Shand started writing short stories when she was a child. She has always done writing in one form or another and started writing novels in her early teens.
Tiffany loves to read books and discovered her love for fantasy and paranormal romance.  She writes both non-fiction and fiction, and love helping writers to build their author platforms.
After doing a creative writing course in her early 20s, she is now a freelance writer and professional editor.
Tiffany lives in Essex with her two spoiled cats and one very nutty hamster.
Find Tiffany on: 




-Excerpt-

 


“Christy?” a voice called.

Her pounding heart leapt at the sound of Ronan’s voice, she wanted to throw herself into his arms. But the hard look on his face told her it wouldn’t be a welcomed embrace.

With his dark tousled hair and blue eyes, he looked better than any man she’d seen the club.

“Where have you been?” he demanded. “I...”

She shrugged, trying to calm her pounding heart. He’d know if she lied. “Lola and I went out.”

“You should have cleared it with me first. Lola isn’t a guard and can’t protect you the way I can.” He sniffed and frowned. “You’re hurt.”

She glanced down at the spattered blood on her knuckles. “What? No, it’s not my blood.”

“What happened? Where is Lola?”

Christy ran a hand through her long brown hair, pushing it off her face. “She – we...” She sighed. “I think I did something terrible.”

His eyes narrowed. “Tell me everything.”

Lola blurred into the kitchen. “I think we’ve lost him, even so maybe we should move to be on the safe side.”

“I’m not moving, I live here. How many times do I have to tell you that I won’t let clan politics interfere with my life?” She put her hands on her hips.

“Tell me what happened,” Ronan snapped.

“A mongrel saw me in the club. He followed me out, got too grabby and I punched him,” Christy admitted. “He tried to attack me and – I used magic to fight him off.”

“And maybe exposed yourself in the process,” Lola added. “Christy, you know the rules.”

“I’ll call the alpha right away.” He pulled his mobile out of his pocket.

“No, you’re not calling my father,” Christy snapped. “I’m the one who caused this mess. I’ll deal with it."

“Good, you can tell your father then.” Ronan held out the phone to her.

“There’s no need to tell Henric anything,” said Lola. “We can track down the mongrel and minimise the exposure risk, right, Ronan?”

Ronan’s jaw set. Christy hadn’t seen him this angry for a long time.

She gave him a pleading look. “Please, Ro, you know how important my life here is to me. Don’t make me go home. You know what awaits me there.” She tried to put her arms around him, not caring if Lola saw them together

He brushed off her embrace. “I can’t put your desires above your safety, Christy. I’ll go and check out the club and deal with this mess. But don’t you dare go off on your own like that again.” He stormed out the back door, making her wince as it banged shut.

“Now he hates me.”

“Don’t worry, he’ll get over it.”

Her hands clenched into fists. “I can’t go home, Lola. I’m not ready.”

“Let Ronan deal with it. He’s good at his job, and he’s the best tracker in our clan.”

Christy headed into her bedroom, looked out onto the city lights and wondered if the world would be changed forever come sunrise.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment